Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When a good man becomes great :)

Most people go through an important change in their 20's. The searching, learning, experimenting, and living starts to come together and your individual is found. Life starts to make sense and you purpose becomes clear. Your direction and motives are far less selfish and a different sort of love emerges from you soul. You start to understand yourself and your emotions and moods. Compassion, forgiveness and acceptance come easier and you feel yourself being, well, happy :) This process can be brought upon by relationships, love, or life experiences, or like with myself, with all three.

This trip has been a great personal and spiritual growth journey for me. I've learned a lot about myself and have developed strategies and awareness to improve upon my flaws. I've really developed a love for myself and I am proud of the woman I have become. I credit the majority of that to my soul mate, Kendrick. He has really taught me so much about myself and he completely brings out the best in me. He minimizes my weaknesses and enhances my strengths. He brings out a great confidence in me and together we could conquer the world. Perhaps you could say we have already begun to do just that.

The past couple weeks I have noticed this overwhelming genuine kindness coming from Kendrick. He is just radiating love. Not just toward himself or me, but toward every man, woman, and child he comes in contact with. India has brought out his pure heart of gold. The random acts of kindness are endless and he lights up with a huge smile at every stranger that makes eye contact with him. The cocky, tough guy image had completely vanished. He is protective but not aggressive or dominate in any way. Kendrick has this strong positive aura radiating from him like a single candle lighting an entire room. His expressive eyes and goofy smile make you feel warm and fuzzy and at ease in any situation. He is a true diamond in the rough and I couldn't feel luckier to be his life companion and best friend.

We both have benefited so much from this trip and from each other. We have built a strong foundation full of love and respect and we can't wait to come home and spread what we have learned into all the other relationships in our lives. We want to thank all of you for following our journey and sending your love and best wishes. We have one more part of our trip to conquer and it is waiting for us in the Himalayas in Nepal. After that we will travel back to our favorite place in the world... MAINE! We love and miss you all and we can't wait to see your smiles when we arrive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment