Saturday, January 9, 2010

A little grumpy...

Day 2 was literally about survival. Shelter, food, sleep. We were lacking all 3 and the Indians took full advantage of that. We have booked the next month of our journey with an Indian travel agent... big mistake? Probably. We were both in no state to be making big decisions but it happened and we will make the best of it.

I think we both want out of Delhi... quick. There is nothing for us here except millions of people and non stop horn honking. The city is so polluted there is not only a dense layer of smog outside, but inside. I have been to some polluted cities but I've never seen anything like this. I blow my nose and its black, if a car passes my eyes sting from the exhaust.

With all the discomfort aside, I think we are going to grow to love India. The crazy smells, the colors, the people. Ohhh the people. And boy do the people love us. Every single person stops and stares. People are constantly coming up to us trying to make conversation. They love my blonde hair and they love Kendricks height even more. Dozens of Indian men have approached him saying "wow man you have good height!" One guy even asked Kendrick what he should take for protein. These Indians, they are a different breed. Its pure entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip Kendrick & Ashley; you're gaining such wonderful memories through this unbelievable experience. Enjoy. Take care of yourselves and be careful and safe. Cathy H.

    ReplyDelete